Love Locks Fence in Baguio


Who would have thought that a supposedly creepy and haunted landmark like The Dominican Hill (also known as Diplomat Hotel) would have a romantic setting for sweethearts just behind it!



The Love Locks hype actually started in Paris, Seoul and New York where lovers would fasten their symbolic love locks with their initials written in permanent marker and then throw away the key as a symbolic pledge of their undying affection, lifetime love & commitment to one another. It's nice to know that we now have this famous fence in the City of Pines... Baguio!




This place actually got me excited after I saw it. If I would have known (or if I had at least done research on Baguio before visiting the place) I would've brought padlocks for Jhay and I so at least we'd leave a part of us in this breathtaking city that we can come back to in the future. It would also be a nice thought when my sons and their future girlfriends would come visit Baguio and see that mommy and daddy left a lock too. Haha. Cute is it not?



The Love Locks fence was introduced in September 2015 to mark the 100th year of The Dominican Hall. However, on the time of our visit (10 months after it was introduced) there still wasn't quite as many locks yet as what you can clearly see on the photos. But it was actually refreshing to see multiple locks tied together -- and no, not because they have multiple partners but because there are group of friends who also have promises for each other. Awwe!


On our next trip to Baguio I will definitely bring a padlock with me -- the biggest one, and perhaps something pink. Haha! For now, I'll leave these Instagrammable photos as a remembrance of that lovely place before moving on to the next spot... the Heritage & Nature Park Garden.



Comments

Popular Posts