Middle Earth Mountain Resort, Carmen Cebu

While other towns up North boasts of their long stretch of white sand beaches, Carmen on the other hand is different and will proudly offer you their caves, numerous springs and waterfalls. And deep within the mountains of Carmen gushes out a volume of water that feeds Mangitngit Falls. Along its brooks and streams is a tributary that leads to this on-going construction of a pool-type resort called Middle Earth Mountain Resort.



GETTING THERE:

Since I was with my dad and we only live in Consolacion (which is just 3 towns away from Carmen) the trip only took us about an hour or less on our private vehicle. Upon reaching Carmen National High School which is 3 blocks away from Carmen Public Market you will need to turn left. While driving up, we had to ask the locals for directions since there were no sign boards present. This place is located before Durano Eco Farm and it was a really bumpy ride going up with all the road work and renovation going on.

Tip: If you are commuting, you can catch any bus from North Bus Terminal because all buses will be passing by Carmen anyway. Just ask them to drop you off at Carmen Public Market. Fare is around P55 for an air-conditioned bus and P50 if otherwise. From there, you can ride a habal-habal (motorcycle for hire) or a tricycle for P40 per head.

THE RESORT:

Middle Earth Mountain Resort is a three-pool resort owned by Mayor Gerard Villamor located in Brgy. Lower Natimao-an in Carmen. In the coolness of its endlessly green surroundings, you will surely appreciate the beauty and wonder of nature.

1st pool: 3-4 feet deep.
2nd pool: 4-5 feet deep.
3rd pool: 6-8 feet deep.


This place had just opened its doors to visitors last March and is still a work in progress. Although some parts of the resort still needs a few finishing touches and tidying, it still makes a good gathering site for families, friends and lovers to bond and enjoy.

Our visit here was actually unplanned. My dad just got an invite a day before from one of the resort owner's relative who happens to be celebrating his birthday here. It was a Sunday afternoon at around 4PM in the month of May (days before the election) when we came here. And as expected the place was already crowded with visitors.

It actually made me curios why they placed a bamboo on that part of the pool.




Sadly, it was difficult for me to capture the beauty of the place because of the crowd. And since this isn't a high-class resort there was this group of teenagers (jejemons as my sister would call them) that kept teasing while I was trying to take pictures of the place. They were distracting me from looking for a good angle of the place! Haha. Hence, the very bad shots.

I'm not a big fan of cold springs (or anything cold that touches my skin for that matter) but since my dad and his friends started talking about politics, I decided to just go in for a swim with my sisters and sons. And my, my.. It was freezing!!!


Well.. In my opinion, the place could use a few improvements like having a 2-3 feet pool for kids just like in Durano Eco Farm. Because even on the small pool, my sons (a 2-year-old & 4-year-old) were still too scared to step in. They could also use a canteen here because I did not notice any store around selling food or drinks. And lastly, I hope they do something about their comfort rooms / changing areas. There are no lights (I had to change my clothes in the dark!) and the way to get there is really muddy I almost slipped!



But overall, the place is nice! We stayed here until the evening even though the resort closes at 5PM. Perks of knowing the owners I guess. And since there were already a few people left, I finally got the chance to take my first (and only) Instagram photo of the place. LOL!



ENTRANCE FEE (Walk-in Only):
Day use: P50 (Adults) and P30 (Kids below 10y/o)
Cottage: P400 Regular cottage (including 1 table & 5 chairs) / P3,000 Large kiosk (including 2 tables and 10 chairs)
Extras: P200 (additional table with 5 chairs) / P10 (additional chair)

LOCATION: Lower Natimao-an, Carmen, Cebu
Open from 7:00am to 5:00pm

FACEBOOK:
Middle Earth Resort Mangitngit Falls (unofficial page but you can view pictures from other guests here)

Comments

  1. MARLO DE LEON CARIÑOJune 3, 2022 at 5:12 PM

    I just want to ask if you are already open and how can i contact you for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so much thankfull maam for sharing how to get thete God bles your heart

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts